would you ask a total stranger if both of her kids where from the same daddy?

i have a 2 yr old and a 5 month old and yes both are from my hubby no dout on that. we are both hispanic and my hubbys side of the family are a little darker my side is lighter so my first son came out a lot more darker than my second son, also im 20. well i wnt to jcpenny today to by some stuff for the kids so im on the baby clothes adn had pick so me stuff out and some lady went up to me and said that she would always talk to all her daughters about not getting knocked up by random people at teenage years because it looked so bad. so i was like umm ok. i didnt paymuch attention i though she was making a statement. so ok then she asked me why i kept having kids if i wasnt going to stay with the daddy so im looking at her like excuse me. (still thinking she was probably thinking i was someone else or something) so im like i dont know you. and she said do you know their daddies. so im like wtf im like yes my hubby.

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you kidding me? Wow, her poor dd's to be stuck with a pyscho mom like that! She must spread joy and love everywhere she goes.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• WTF No, I would never say that to someone, even if I knew them. Sorry someone felt they had the right. =( Sometimes people don't know what they say can affect others badly.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• as much as I would want to punch her in the face it's best to just smile and walk away....... =)

as any respectful adult would do (& she obviously doesnt fall into that category)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would never ask that but people are rude. I've always been very skinny, can't gain weight to save my life, I used to get teased a lot about it. Anyways after I had my twins we were at the mall and some lady stopped us to say how adorable they were and congratulations and stuff and then goes on to how it doesn't look like I had any babies at all. Well I've heard all that before but then she grabs my arm and says something like "Have a good day and honey YOU eat okay?"

I'm like WTF? You don't know me, why would anyone be so rude and mean. What give that person a right to be so judgemental. Anyways people are mean and rude and all we can do is set them straight. I hope she did a double take when you said it was your husband.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• wow. people can be such assholes. my daughter's father is mixed half black, quarter irish, quarter mexican... my daughter is pretty dark skinned (i'm white). when she was little i was taking her for a walk in the stroller and someone drove down the street and shouted "N----- Lover" - took me a few minutes to realize they were talking to me lol. I guess in a way it's good I didn't get it at first - no good could have come of me acting like as big of an asshole as they did... I can't believe she asked you that...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would not talk to a complete stranger. And I would not ask questions or make guesses or judgements. That woman should be seen by a Doctor---a psychiatrist---that is NOT normal. If it is true.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• A friend of mine is half Korean and half Caucasian. She looks very Korean. She married a caucasian. Her oldest child looks very Korean as well. Her second child looks like she is mixed. She has wavy brown hair, but does have the slant in her eyes. Her youngest child looks completely caucasian with blonde hair and blue eyes. She gets asked all the time if they have the same father. And she was in her mid 20's when she had them all!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• maybe some people are just honestly curious?
    my mom is pale/blonde irish, and my dad is FBI..i look FBI, and one of my sisters looks like she could have american-indian somewhere, but the other is totally devoid (on the outside) of any american-indian characteristics. we were asked frequently if we had the same dad. not a big deal.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My mouth is wide open at that woman's behavior.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• jesus... that is so frighteningly disappointing ... good thing you got away from her
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 8:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010