Shocked?

How many of you are absolutely shocked at the level of illiteracy on this site? Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, all are generally atrocious. It's rare to see a post anywhere here that is written properly, and if anyone mentions spelling or grammatical errors, they're called "Grammar Nazis" and told to buzz off. What happened to pride in what one is putting out there for the world to see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i don no wat u r talkn about... lol Yes, it drives me insane. I can understand mistakes here and there, I make them myself sometimes, but it is the ones that don't put any punctuation into their sentences that really drive me crazy. 

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It drives me nuts too, and I'm dyslexic. On the other hand the people that feel it's their job to correct others drive me even crazier...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• popcorn

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree Sabrina, even though it drives me crazy, I NEVER correct anyone, that is just plain rude.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• some of us are balancing kids on our laps, folding laundry in the other hand etc. We are moms and we multitask. This is not AP English, if I forget to capitalize or use spell check, you don't have to answer my post. Sorry if I offended you but I don't have time to go back and proofread. I only type 30 WPm ( yes I took keyboarding in college, and failed it 3 times). So I do the best I can. I'm lucky if I even get a few min of me time on here and if you can't figure out what I mean, ask me and will clarify anything for you. with that being said, i know there are a few that type slang deliberately and sometimes I can't understand but I just move on to another post. You can't get people to change who they are so I just worry about myself and not others and how they do things.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It doesn't bother me at all!!! maybe by using spell check they might learn a thing or two.

Answer by older at 8:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't mind typos or minor grammar errors. I have always been horrible at spelling and with my punctuation. The grammar has to be extremely bad in order for it to annoy me, but I still would not correct it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I see it a lot, but then I try and correct my mistakes, but some times some words slip through. I think it's all about answers for some people, not correct anything. I don't think I've ever called out anyone for spelling, it can be a typo, sometimes a joke. BUT, I have been called out myself by someone who I guess thought they never made any mistakes.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It makes me crazy.........but I don't say anything to those who make the errors. However, if there is a post longer than a few sentences with no punctuation at all, I simply skip reading it. Using capitals at the beginning of a sentence and proper ending punctuation is needed! I find that someone who writes well is easier to read.
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yeah, I've noticed. There are a few people that ask questions and you still don't even know what the question is? LOL! All I can say is to read over your question before you post to make sure people will understand.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Aug. 29, 2010