Why do our kids hate MoM,S

My Middle 22 year old child is a boy and he hates me . He makes Fun of me and brings up my past thing that i would like to for get to the point that I hate my self to the point I cant take any more

Marveta

Asked by Marveta at 8:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Mine do not hate me, they are older than yours and love me and say so everyday, sorry yours says these things....

Answer by older at 8:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Tell him that he is not allowed in your home until he can show you some respect

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Wow, that doesn't sound very nice of him. He is an adult and should know better. You are going to have to get tough with him and let him know that you are his mother and you will not stand for that kind of treatment. Does he live with you? If so, boot his ass to the curb!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• makes Fun of me and brings up my past thing that i would like to for get to the point that I hate my self to the point I cant take any more

__________________________
    I'm sorry, I've gotta know what that is before I give you any kind of advice. My sick, disgusting, cracked out whore of a mother complains about me all the time, too. But she doesn't tell all the people she cries to how bad she treated me as a child.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Im so sorry your going through this with your kids. I have an almost 18 and just turned 16, and I tell you I have days like this too. My almost 18 thinks she knows everything and I dont know what Im talking about. My weak points get pointed out now and compared with other. "perfect" parents. Well, I got us this far as a single parent for the past 7 yrs, so I must have done something right somewhere along the way. I would suggest counseling with a good family therapist, just for you. I think you owe it to yourself to learn how to deal with this, create healthy boundaries that your kids cant cross and not allow him to push your emotional buttons anymore to get to you. Cause really, thats all it is. He does love you, he is just using manipulation to try to control you and make you bend to his every whim. He is way too old to be playing that game anymore mom...good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010