What is the best way to find a good babysitter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Word of mouth. If you don't have that option then post an ad somewhere( local school/church) and start interviewing. Hire that person as a mothers helper in the beginning so you will get a better idea of how they interact with your child. Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• We have a service in Iowa called Child Care Resource & Referral, I believe it is statewide. Care givers register with them & they in return pass along information to you about who provides care in your area.

Where are you from? Do you know many people in your area? Otherwise, I'd put an ad in a local paper. I'd also make sure you do a visit with the potential caregivers. I always like to see where my kids will be & "interview" the person in person before just leaving my kids there.
    lotsofchange

Answer by lotsofchange at 2:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• www.care.com
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 2:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thank you all for your quick and awsome answers i'm new to this website and so excited!
    des783

Answer by des783 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008