Do you use a steam iron, regular iron or take all ur clothes to the cleaners?

Just curious because I absolutely hate ironing. I have a lumbar strain and a herniated disk in my back and its painful to stand and iron for hours! There must be an easier way! I'm thinking about dropping everyone's clothes off at the cleaners every week! UGH

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a steam iron it works fairly well when we use it but most times we will throw something in the dryer for a few mins when we need to get wrinkeles out
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I throw it in my dryer with a wet wascloth
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Ironing... wow, nope don't iron. I have all boys and they wear t-shirts and my husband has a uniform service.... I do have one, though!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Most of my clothes come out of the dryer looking good and I hang them immediately so they don't wrinkle. But some I do iron with a steam iron. Dry cleaning costs too much and the chemicals they use are toxic. I haven't taken anything to be dry cleaned in about 15 years.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• none of the above. if i have a fancy dress or something that is very wrinkled i hang it in the bathroom when we're taking our showers and it is usually fixed by then. if not i find something else to wear lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Use a steam iron and I hate it.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't iron...anything. I have an iron but I only use it for when I quilt or sew. I have nothing that needs ironing anyway. All we wear are jeans and t-shirts. The rare shirt the kids have that needs ironing...they just wear them and eventually the wrinkles work out, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:24 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• steam iron
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Mine all go to the cleaners.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My steam iron doesn't steam any more, so I use a spray bottle filled with water when I iron. I try not to iron, but occasionally have to anyway. I use Downy Wrinkle Release which helps smooth out things that are only slightly wrinkled.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010