Am I feeding my 3 month old enough?

My daughter is 3 months today. She has 5 bottles a day, each 5 ounces. Is that enough? She is about 12.5 pounds right now.

rabbate

Asked by rabbate at 2:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd be giving her at least 36 oz.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• As long as your baby is not hungry and is gaining weight, it is fine. You ideally want them eating between 24-32 ounces a day. When they get up to wanting between 36-40oz., it is time to start thinking about starting some rice cereal from a spoon.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 2:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My son is almost 6 months old and is only taking about 28 oz. a day. When he was 3 months he took only about 16 - 20 oz. a day. His dr. said as long as he's gaining weight he's fine.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• on avwerage a baby up to six months consumes 20-30 oz a day. So 25 is a good average of that, sometimes she will eat more sometimes less. Another guage is 2 lbs a months from birth. As long as she is on a steady growing curve, there is no need to worry.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008