What is up with my son?

My almost five year old is plagued with gas. Very smelly, almost constant gas. I've tried matching it to something he has eaten and eliminating certain food items, but I can't get him to stop! What do I do? He's getting to the point where he's passing gas 2-3 times a minute.

Leighanne118

Asked by Leighanne118 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him to see your doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• maybe he is gulping down his food and not chewing properly. that will cause you to swallow air and then you have gas. you could give him gripe water to get rid of the gas that is there now, then tell him how to eat his food properly.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If it is happening that much I would talk to his dr. and possible consult a GI specialist.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 8:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• are you sure he doesn't have a food intolerance? does this happen every day?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• 2-3 times a minute all day long? See a doctor for sure.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you've eliminated any food issue (dairy is renowned for gas issues, so you would have to cut ALL dairy produts, not just milk) then it is time to see the dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Leighanne, give your little fart blossom some kids Maalox. It has stuff in it that is supposed to reduce gas and bloating. You can also try Chammomile (SP?) tea. The tea is supposed to be really good for digestion and is supposed to reduce gas.
    KiraSaucedo

Answer by KiraSaucedo at 3:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2010