does anyone have a steam cleaner for their floor?

how do you like it? i have ceramic tile in the kitchen and i was interested in finding out how the steam cleaners work. i saw one on qvc the other day (forget the name) and it seemed good, but wanted to ask you ladies first lol. i also need something with quite a long cord bc my kitchen is pretty big and i don't want to be switching plugs every minitue. i also have hardwood floors in the rest of the downstairs.... does it also work good on them?

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a steam cleaner I've been using for roughly 5 yrs. It is a Shark. I love it. It heats up fast and the pads are washable. I have tile and hardwook floors as well. I love it for both. I bought it when we had to take custody of grandchildren. The baby wasn't even a year old and is immunosuppressed. The Dr. recommended a steam cleaner for the floors specifically. I love mine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We have a shark steam cleaner (professional one... works great). We also have a little cleaning robot...... Two actually, one vacuums and one mops. They do an okay job, but not the best.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't have wood floors but I do have a shark steam cleaner. Personally, I really like it. I think it does a great job. It works well and the floors are super clean. I just have the cheap version. I bought it before I saw the better ones come out.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't have one but I've been eyeing the Shark steam cleaners. I would love to get one, but wasn't sure how it would work on my wood floors and if it was worth it. Good question!
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I really like the shark steam cleaner.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• sounds good .. bump..gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've been curious too. My question is, does it maintain the heat to keep the steam going. I had purchased a shark steamer to clean bathrooms and such and it couldn't maintain the steam...I returned it. My entire house is hardwood and my kitchen is tile so I would love this thing if it worked well!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't have one but I have been wanting one for awhile now. I have heard that Shark is a good brand. Hmm, maybe I can get this for Christmas.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010