Now that I answered the question wrong, How do you gals get

rid of your hiccups? I put on the hickkie question that I use a teaspoon of sugar. What do you use? I also heard a lemon under your tongue for a minute, and then drink the juice, but I haven't tried that one.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When my kids get them I sit them on my lap and rub the diaphragm area......it usually relaxes them enough to stop the hiccups plus I get cuddle time :)

colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• This one works for me everytime. Get a glass of water or any beverage in a cup. Put a straw in it. Either have someone hold the glass for you, or sit the glass on the table in front of you. Hold your arms up in the air over your head and sip from the straw. I learned this from my 3rd grade teacher. It has never failed me, although sometimes if someone is holding the glass for me we start laughing pretty hard...lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Have someone scare you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• gripe water, or put your fingers in your ears and drink water from a straw for 20 seconds. idk why, but it works everytime!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I always get a large glass of water and I drink as much as I can without taking a breath.
    Always works for me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• When I get them - I sit and focus on the diaphragm muscle - relaxing and contracting it - that seems to work - because after all hiccups is a diaphragmic spasm - when the baby gets them - doesn't quite work :) i just let him get through it they will go away eventually....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have always just gulped in a bunch of breathes really fast with out letting the last one out till I can't do it anymore.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• drink water out of a cup from the opposite side of the glass.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Gulp a bunch of breaths until my lungs are full then hold it until I can't anymore. Works everytime.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010