moving away

sometimes i wish i could just move far away from my family. today my mother was talking to my 4 month old saying " does your mommy talk to you? no, she doesn't! bad mommy bad mommy bad mommy."

of course i talk to my daughter! what is it that she thinks i do all day when im home with her!

does anyone else feel the same?
sorry i had to vent

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Show her what a bad mommy really does....put grandma in a headlock.....
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• A lot of people move because of family drama/ignorance. You would be surprised!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Wow, that plain wrong. You realize that the baby is going to absorb those words (depending on age) and say them right back at you.....

Tell her flat out that that is extremely inappropriate, rude, and unwelcome. If it were me, I'd tell her that she can't see the baby until she gets her f-ing mouth fixed (I don't take kindly to insults about my mothering).
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 8:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• LOL @ putting grandma in a headlock! But yes, I wish I could move away from my family all the time...they get on my nerves.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no, my mom died before any of her 5 grandkids were born. i really miss her. i realize that they're annoying sometimes, but you never realize how much you miss them until they're gone :(
    i would try to tell her it hurts your feelings when she says things like that and it's not funny (i'm sure she meant it as some kind of a joke). i think she probably will come around. if not, then try the headlock :p
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My mom is a liar and I live far away from her. The thing is tell your child to say "no grandma my mommy never talks to me or feeds me ice cream can we eat icecream and talk"... Or shop or go to the zoo.You name it tell your kid to start asking Grandma to take her some place. Then you get peace and quiet from both of them. Good luck let us know how it works.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We have JUST moved away from friends and expecially my parents because they were treating us so badly- telling us what bad parents we are to our kids. Everyone else would nominate us for parents of the year! We moved and everyone is sooooooo much happier!
    40andholding

Answer by 40andholding at 2:19 AM on Aug. 30, 2010