how do i get rid of mildue smell out of my bath towels

BURP99

Asked by BURP99 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• try washing them once with a cup of white vinegar. or if they are white, bleach always works.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Fill the washer with bleach, soap, and hot water. Add the towels but dont let the cycle start; keep the lid open. Let them sit for about 15 minutes and then close the lid to start the cycle. Should help! Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• White towels ---use bleach&hot water,,,,Others I would just use hot water...That doesnt work throw them out and buy new

Answer by louise2 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Sunshine also helps. But I've got to go with throw them out and buy new cause it comes back so fast once it gets in there. Hate IT !!!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Vinegar helps, wash normal with hot water and add vinegar, dont worry they wont smell like vinegar, also let them soak in the water b4 washing
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You can get a mildue smell when material of any type takes a long time to dry. So as soon as something gets wet completely dry it asap.
    SILVERROSE01

Answer by SILVERROSE01 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have this problem too and haven't in a while. if colored towels, use clorox 2 liquid and your detergent. I've used vinegar too. i kept a bottle by the washer! I bought dryer sheets too just for towels, sheets, blankets...
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 12:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2008