HELP!! 14 wk. old baby coughing now and runny/stuffy nose since Wednesday?

I took my daughter to Dr. on Wed. & was told her runny nose was OK that she'd probably have allergies. To use humidifier. Which i have been. She was in hospital for 3 days in July for pneumonia.

cdesersa

Asked by cdesersa at 9:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is stuffy get some vicks vapor rub and rub it on her chest and use that little suction ball they sent home from the hospital to clear her nose out. Take her temperature a couple times a day but if it doesn't pass 102 you really don't have much to worry about. If it does pass 102 then call the doctor and see if they think you should come in. If she isn't getting better in 3 days then you should probably take her in again. If she si breathing steady and deeply then she most likely is not suffering from another bout of pneumonia as that would be shallow, rapid and/or uneven breathing. Just give her comfort for now. A nice bath can also help sooth her if she seems to be fussy. Make sure she is getting plenty to drink (whether it's formula or breastmilk) as getting enough fluids is important.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sounds like a cold to me. Just do what the doctor said and if she is still sick my next Friday take her in for a check up. Or if her breathing starts sounds very funny or having a hard time breathing with a cleared nose then I would take her in
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• when my daughter had a runny nose I bought a humidifer and saline drops (for stuffy nose) and it worked great. I would give it a couple more days but if things start getting worse definatley go to the E.R just to be safe. I hope everything goes well♥
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 9:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thank you both! What about the Vick's Scent Pads that can be used along with a cool humidifier?
    cdesersa

Comment by cdesersa (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010