now what?

So i started losing my mucus plug.now what is going to happen?

s.bryant

Asked by s.bryant at 2:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • Now you need to call your doctor and inform him of what has happened. Are you contracting? How far along are you? With me, I lost mine, and my doc had me come in to be checked out. They sent me back home (my contractions were still irregular - between 8-10 mins apart) and I ended up back there later that night (4 hours later) and delivered 4 hours after that.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell, you can lose your plug up to a month before you go into actual labor. But you are now susceptible to infection since the plug is gone, so no unprotected sex!

Good Luck Momma!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It could be anytime now! Or you'll make it to your due date. I lost mine about a week before i delivered. Congrats!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I started to lose my in teeny snotty pieces about two weeks before. You have time depending on if this is your first (which sounds like it) and when your due date is. Stay calm. If you start to feel lower back aches (like your about to have a bout of diarreah) your having contractions.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Prob a good time to call the doc! I lost mine about an hour before my water broke!!!
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yeah the PP and me both. Went to go pee, big lumpy mucosy mess in the toilet, hard regular contractions 7 minutes apart within the hour. Call your doctor and let them know. Even if it's not time for you yet it's information your OB will wnat to have later on. More than likely they'll ask you to comeo in a get checked but if you're not "cramping" or contracting they may have you wait a bit.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• With both my boys I lost my mucus plug in the morning and went into labor about 8 or 9 hours later. I started having contractions within an hour but they were not regular. If you start having contractions time them and if they get close together head to labor and delivery. My doctor said that I did not need to call if I lost it but every doctor is different! Congratulations and good luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 3:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008