second child a terror when the first was good?

I have a 4month old and she is amazingly good. When she was 2 months old she set her own bedtime. She would get cranky at the same time each night and after a few days she was like clockwork. She also eats like clockwork. Right now its 6oz every 3 hours. I know I got really lucky. She hardly cries at all to the point where we rarely ever see tears.

Am I really in for it when we decide to have #2?
Has anyone experienced good luck with the 1st and the total opposite with the 2nd?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, it was that way for me. if it makes you feel any better, #3 is an angel :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I always heard that, but I have a 7 year old and and 5 month old...they were/are both happy baby's...i think it all depends on the parents.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• um, yes our perfect angel was born and exactly one yr later we concived #2.

#2 had colic, reflux , and an inguinal hernia. He couldn't help it, he was in pain, but it was bad enough to scare us into permanent fertility-LOL!
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 9:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Our second child wasn't a "terror" but she was definitely a far cry from our laid-back oldest DS. It just took some getting used to.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well. I had my last child first because he was an Infant nightmare!!!!!! So hard... so colicky..... hated/s to sleep - food allergies, reflux, couldn't take my Breast milk, or formula, didn't like to be held... and I could be here all night with more examples.. so I am terrified in the other way... I know I could not make it through another child like that so I am SOOOO not going to risk it lol!! and NO.. it doesn't depend on the parents all the time if you have a happy child/infant or not.. NO WAY.. I was ready, he was tried for for 3 years.. he was/is loved with all we have - and HARD...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My first and second were total opposites. More than likely they will be as different as day and night.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010