Could you mentally feel pregnant and experience all the symptoms?

Last month we started trying to get pregnant for our second child and approximately after my ovulation date I started experiencing pain in my lower abdomen, back pain and extreme exhaustion. I was almost certain I had conceived as it was very similar to my symptoms during my first child. I had conceived my first one the very first month we tried. The only thing that was different was my breasts didn't feel any different whereas during my first one they were very sore. I was so ready to test and get the good news, but I ended up getting my periods. Did I experience the symptoms since I mentally felt pregnant? Or was I really pregnant and mis-carried very early. I did have unusually high flow the first day of my period. I really dont think I was sick in any other way, as I am generally a very healthy person and I bounced back to normalcy after my periods!!! Has any of you experinced this before?

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 2:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The mind and the body work in strange ways. More than likely you're mind tricked your body into thinking you were pregnant.
    When we want something very badlysometimes it will physically manifest itself. Fear not, you're not weird or off or anything else. I've heard of lot sof women who've thought and thought they were pregenant so much so thair bodies reacted as if they were then [poof Aunt Flo shows up and it's time to try again.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had all the symptoms this last month after I received pink discharge when I wiped one time. I thought I had implantation bleeding then all the symptoms started, but I didn't feel pregnant. The first and only time I just knew I was. But I thought maybe I would feel that way after a positive test, but my period showed up and a day later all the symptoms subsided.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You could have been pregnant just not Pregnant enough,

It happens more than we know,

But it is VERY possible,
    To feel prego and to even LOOK prego, its very strange how a womans body works,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes, yes, yes! Oh my goodness you do too! My husband and I have been trying for a year and had several tests thinking we were pregnant. When I say several I mean hundreds of dollars worth of tests. Come to find out my progesterone level is extremely low, which accounts for the missed periods and I'm not even ovulating. I've had nausea, headaches, cramps, even pregnant like flutters, hot flashes, lethargic , etc. I recommend you go see your Dr. about it.
    megmomof2boys

Answer by megmomof2boys at 11:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I hope this info helps you.
    What Is A Chemical Pregnancy?
    A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.
    With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it’s down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.
    Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.
    http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/chemical-pregnancy.html
    KortniLeeana

Answer by KortniLeeana at 12:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• man i thought i was the only one that was thinking this.well it has already been 3 months that me and my husband have been ttc & still have not gotten pg.but though ever since weve been ttc my periods come late. when i was 9 days late i thought i was pg because a week before i was supposed to get my period i was noticing i had to pee more than i usually did and my boobs were hurting & that never happened to me not even for a period.i was convinced i was pg so i was going to buy a hpt on a tuesday but on a sunday me & my husband had sex & right when we finished i got up to wipe up & i noticed i started my period but it was a red/pink color.& just all of a sudden i stoped peeing alot & my breast were not hurting.i always wanted to know if i was pregnant & had a miscarage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008