my dd fell off the couch

I mean the side of the couch (3 feet) and hit her head on the hardwood floor. She cried for 5 mins and has been acting normal ever since ... this happened at 7pm, it's now 9:30pm. I called the doctor and they told me to watch her for any signs of illness and I checked her eyes. I think she's fine and I need some reassurance ... what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im sure she is fine. Toddlers are resislient. As long as she is not passing out, or has one pupil more dialated than the other, crying non stop or anu other extreme behavior she is good to go! Will be the first of many falls though if she is any thing like my 2 yr old...
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Seriously hon,we won't know. We weren't there,so we don't know the extent of it. Just look for throwing up,confusion,unsteady gait,and uneven pupils.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• This happened to my son. My doctor said that hardwood floors are not actually as hard as you think they are and are usually not the source of concussions. Usually it's asphalt or concrete that are the worst surfaces as they have the least give. If her eyes didn't dilate all crazy, she didn't loose consciousness, and she didn't vomit, then the odds are that she just got a good old fashioned bump on the head and is fine. I know how terrible you must feel though... I hate when my son gets hurt!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• if i worried every time my daughter took a dive headfirst off of something i would have an entire head of gray hair. lol i bet she is fine. maybe a lil lump. like doc said just keep an eye on her. if she hasn't puked or anything yet, i bet she is fine. they got tough lil noggins.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It sounds like she is gonna be fine. Just closely watch for the remainder of the 24 hours since incident and if she hasn't showed signs at all she should be fine. Poor baby. I hate when my kiddos get genuinely hurt. It breaks my heart.
    RubysMommy

Answer by RubysMommy at 11:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It is always scary when our Children take a fall. However, Children are very resiliant and bounce back very easy. There is no way for us to tell you that she is okay because we cannot see her. However, you just need to watch for a knot that sinks in, confusion, the child being lethargic or throwing up. If she doesn't have any of these signs then I am sure she is okay.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• it happened to both my kids. and if she seems overly fussy or puking or anything out of nomral then worry, but im sure its fine. they are hardier then they look
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 8:59 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yeah my little one is the same way. two minutes later she is fine like nothing has happened. its crazy though. she loves to be on the sofa. just keep a eye on her. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010