Would you stay in your marriage for financial reasons or for the kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No way!

Answer by older at 9:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Probably not ... I would probably stay in my marriage (if it got bad) because I meant my vows.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sometimes if you think you're only in a relationship for one reason or another.. You can build on it and you may never know. You may find your happily ever after..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i didn't marry my husband for his money-or lack of. or because of the kids. that's craziness.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• neither. it's not healthy for your children to grow up with unhappy parents. money can't buy you happiness. even if you have alot of money being unhappy isn't worth it.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not if I was miserable. No amount of money can buy happiness. And children should have a good example of what a marriage is supposed to be.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, unless the spouse is into drugs, or is verbally or physically violent. I think kids need both parents. I don't think kids have a stable path in life with fighting ex's who share there kids and parents have to visit. Then one ex finds a new boyfriend/girlfriend and kids get the shaft. You married, you made babies. When you make a commitment like that you have to stick to it. Wait until the kids are 18 then seperate. Good Luck.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Nope......I married my DH after 4 years of being together and almost 3 kids......we had no money before and we still don't have any ;) I am with him because I love him and want to be with him.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes, if it was a mutual agreement. (i can say 'yes' because i don't see myself divorcing this man. we're in it 'for life'.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I haven't been in that situation so I don't really know what I would do.. but I feel like no, I would never stay for financial reasons. If there was something very wrong with my marriage (such as abuse) I would be GONE.. even if we did have children. But if I just felt unhappy or bored with my marriage having kids together would be something to make me stick it out to make sure we can't work it out. When I married my husband it was for life... and I didn't take it lightly. Children solidified that to be ten fold. If it was a very unhealthy situation for my family for us to be together I would have to do what was best for my family though.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 9:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010