Twilight "toys" at Burger King?

Is anybody else tired of toys for movies that aren't even geared towards kids? The packaging even says "this movie is rated PG-13". Aren't the toys supposed to be for kids under the age of about 10? The "Avatar" toys bugged me a little, but at least they looked cartoon-y, and I don't have to much problem with the superhero toys because most of those characters are also seen in cartoons (not just the PG-13 movies). The manager on duty didn't want to take them back when I took them up to the counter. I asked if they had any other toys and was told no. So I just told them that we didn't want those and he said he didn't either, but I just left them on the counter (they were unopened). Later he came out with an old Iron Man toy and Cabbage Patch toy and the kids were really happy. Does this bother anyone else? (yes I know it's unhealthy fast food, sorry if you don't like that my family occasionally gets to eat junk)

CaLizzyMom

Asked by CaLizzyMom at 9:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. The times that we do take our kids to McDonalds the toys wouldn't even appeal to my 3 year old. But we don't go for the toys, we go to pick up dinner so the toys don't really matter I guess.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I remember when I was a little kid the toys were really cool.. like a special car or something that interested me. I don't do Burger King or McDonald's.. my family's occasional junk is Sonics, haha.. but I would want to vomit if I got a Twilight toy for my son. What the hell does a toddler or young child want to play with a vampire for? How annoying.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 9:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• They're supposed to be collectors items sometimes. They're not always toys.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not that I give two shits about twilight btw. Just sayin. Sometimes the toys they offer with meals at McD's or BK are collectors items.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The collector's items I understand (my cousin went crazy for the glasses a few months ago), but these were plastic toys. One was this thing that opened (kind of like a scroll would) and had the movie poster/picture on fabric, the other was a large plastic "keychain" looking thing with Edward's picture.
    CaLizzyMom

Comment by CaLizzyMom (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, toys can be collector's items as well. As long as you keep them in the package.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• well i agree that toy suck my son was disappointed with that toy. he expected something more like a super hero.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 9:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• GinNTonic is right. Sometimes they are collector's items, and I'm sure Burger King was counting on all the moms and teenagers to buy the happy meals too. It didn't make sense to me either, and I am a Twilight fan. I had completely forgotten they were doing the Twilight toys, and my husband went to Burger King to pick up lunch the day my son got out of the hospital so it was a special treat. I remembered when I saw the bag and grabbed the toy because I knew DS wouldn't care for the "toy." I ended up giving it to a friend who is a true Twilight collector. I actually have some collector happy meal toys. Back in 1996 when Atlanta hosted the Olympic games, McDonald's did the the mini-Barbies from different countries, and those ended up going for a lot of money. I still have all 5 of them in their packaging.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010