Any Lunch Ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could serve a 3 y.o and a 16 month old for luch besides pb&j?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 9:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I"m there with you....I'm totally out of ideas. we do mac and cheese and fruit.....but besides that it's dinner left overs. They dont' like hot dogs, meat/cheese sandwhiches...unless it's grilled cheese.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Spaghetti, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, soup, hot dogs, pizza.......just make sure for the baby that the pieces are small.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Spaghetti, Spaghetti O's, Cheese or Cheese and ham Quesadilla's, Grilled cheese and tomato soup, ham or turkey sandwiches, Hotdogs, Cottage cheese and fruit The 3 year old should be able to handle all, the 16 month old you might have to cut things up.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my sons loves romen noodles. popcorn chicken fries corn pizza rolls. beeforoini
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 9:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches

mini fruit kabobs on tooth picks

egg sandwiches

turkey roll ups-- spread cream cheese inside turkey slices and roll

inside out sandwiches-- cut bread and cheese into strips and roll inside of lunchmeat, secure with toothpick

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Maybe try some tuna & cheese melts, chicken salad & cheese sandwich, mini-bagels (or regular bagels) with a little pizza sauce and shredded & melted cheese, ritz or triscuits with little slices of lunch meat and cheese, pigs-in-a-blanket (simple way is to cut hot dogs in fourths (you could also use mini sausages) and get a can of crescent rolls and roll up pieces of hot dog in the dough and bake according to directions on crescent roll can...my kids love them). You could also add these: yogurt, fruit, string or cubed cheese, veggies w/ranch dressing, applesauce, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, celery stalks w/pb & raisins,
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 11:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Chicken nuggets.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• When DS was a toddler we started doing 5 things. 3 fruits and veggies, something dairy and some kind of protein. Once in a while, trade one out for a starch. As he got older I let him have more choice in what the 5 things were. Usually it would be things like cheese cubes, pineapple, banana, carrots, pecans or cheese and crackers with celery and peanut butter and some kind of fruit. Always things that worked as finger food and not so messy that he'd need a bath after eating.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My kids love fried rice! Use cooked rice (couple cups) that is couple days old so its a little stale for best results. Scramble couple eggs in a bowl, put some frozen peas/carrots into bowl of warm water to thaw, get couple tablespoons of oil hot in nonstick pan or wok. Cook eggs in oil, remove to bowl or plate. Pour rice into pan and stir constantly for few minutes until fried and warm. Add tablespoon or so of soy sauce- experiment to see how much suits your taste. Stir for few more minutes. Pour in eggs and peas and carrots and stir until everything is warm. You can also add sliced green onions but my kids won't eat those. Sometimes we will add left over chicken cut up. the red barbequed pork, or even some shrimp sauteed before the rice.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son could live off PB&J, but I definitely get tired of making it for him. LOL He really likes plain meatballs. So I'll heat up 4 or 5 of those and give him some fruit or applesauce and a piece of cheese and he's happy.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 29, 2010