Is it too late to register to vote?

I thought I was already registered, but I'm not i guess? And this is a really important election so if i can't register I'm going to be SO disgusted!

SummersMamma

Asked by SummersMamma at 2:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Check out www.rockthevote.com they have listings by state.
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 2:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• thanks for the help! :)
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 2:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• From what I've found you have to be registered 30 days prior to the election. I thought I was registered also, I always have been, but for some reason all of a sudden I'm not.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• October 6 was the deadline.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• anytime you move from state to state, or even from one county within same state, to another county, you need to re-register. and yes, you can register anytime...but to vote in the november election, its too late. go ahead and register, though. november isn't the only election we have annually. there are smaller elections all year long-county/state/special elections/etc. AGAIN, ANYTIME YOU MOVE FROM ONE COUNTY TO ANOTHER, YOU MUST RE-REGISTER.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It fully depends on what state you live in. It might not be too late. In Idaho you can can actually register at the polls on election day and vote right away. So make sure you look up the info just for your state. Just go to google, or ask.com and type in "voter registration in _____ (whatever your state is)" and something useful should come right up.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 3:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• In colorado you were supposed to vote by Oct. 6th. I thought that was for the whole country though.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it depends on the state, here in Iowa we don't have to be registered until the 24th is what I read
    Ashbgash

Answer by Ashbgash at 5:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That majority of states set October 6th as their deadline, but a few will let you register up until 10 days preceding the election

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Depends on the state. Some states allow you to register up to a week or so before the election. But most you have to be registered 30 days before. I know the 6th was the deadline in Florida, because that's when my DH registered.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 7:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008