Book suggestions

What books would you recommend for some one who is a fan of David Eddings and Chuck Palinuk? I know nothing about these authors. I plan to do some searches on here and stuff, but I'd like to know which ones are the best or what other authors write the same kind of stuff...

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I LOVE David Eddings. His Belgariad Series was amazing. Would make such and incredible series of movies, if done right. There are 10 books, plus 2 "extras" so it would have to be done like the Harry Potter movies. 1 Movie per book.

I also love James Patterson, Tess Gerrison, Dean Koontz, Fern Michaels - chick flick in a book, and John Grisham. Most of these are Crime Drama, Law & Order style books.

David Eddings is really the only "fantasy" writer I like, and I HATE that his books are always in the SciFi section, when they deal with Magic, and kings and knights and such.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:16 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. I'm not sure if the "chick flick in a book" will work though.. lol.. This is for my male cousin who has just been deployed to Afghanistan! :)

My sis said he's into "graphic novels". Whatever that means. She said "like comic books, only more reading, less pictures". But I still don't know what to look for. I'm a fan of Dean Koontz too. I think he might like some of them.. Hmm...

Anyone else have ideas?
    Megs5384

Comment by Megs5384 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I love all the chicken soup for the souls, the harlequin series, Silhouette series, Lurlene McDaniel
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010