what's wrong wit it

Ok my mother in law has been pickin wit us all day so im about had it well anyway my question is what wrong wit chalk? She said its tacky and the kids are not allowed 2 do it any more. Do any of u see something wrong wit it. Sorry im alittle mad

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 9:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can't tell what you're asking.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ?? What were they doing with the chalk?
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Chalk on the sidewalk??? No,I see no problem with sidewalk chalk....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Uh.. I don't see anything wrong with chalk. If she thinks it looks tacky, tell her to grab a water hose...
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If they are writing with chalk, it is fine at your house, If it is at her house, then she makes the rules and her rules need to be respected.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• are u saying that she's not approving of your kids playing with chalk ??
    if yes , then no i dont see a problem in that either. but if your kids are too young.. she might have a point. chalks are a little hazardous, especially when eaten/swallowed by the little ones
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Unless they are eating the chalk I don't see an issue with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My question is what's so bad about chalk???...... my son is almost and doesn't nt put anything in his mouth and my nephews are older. They were on the city sidewalk I told here I will wash it she said o leave but they cannot do it again
    kadmomma

Comment by kadmomma (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• that is ridiculous i think its fine for kids to play with chalk as long as they are using it the right way maybe give them rules like only on the ground not the walls and only on their own pavement and they have to wash it i mean it only takes a lil water. maybe she never had chalk and she just dont know how fun it is.
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i see nothing wrong with chalk.. my oldest plays with chalk and im pretty sure my youngest will when she gets old enough..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010