Childcare quetion...

I watch my neice 4 days- they pay me BUT they are not consistant about it. Often times last year, they would pay me every Fri. but not always- sometimes they would bring me the check the next week and a few times they would give me two checks on a Fri.- for the week before and the week that just ended (never an advance)

I do not really "need" the money- it is sort of my "play money" BUT I know that they have the money and it was their idea for me to get paid.

It bothers me that they don't pay me consistantly...like last Friday nothing was even said about it. I get emberrassed when I have to ask for a check...at a "regular" job I would never have to ask for it. Also, they would get penalized if they ever pay a bill late so I why this is different

So...what should I do? let it go or ask them to pay me more consistantly? even if it was once every 2 weeks- that would be fine- as long as I knew when it would be

CoolMommyofboys

Asked by CoolMommyofboys at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• If nothing is said, nothing will change. You need to bring it up, I know it will be uncomfortable, but at least you might not get as upset and angry about the inconsistancy. Good Luck!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Perhaps ask them to set up recurring 'bill pay' through their bank for you. Assuming they're always paying you the same amount that can make it convenient for you, and convenient for them (they won't have to remember to do it every week).
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You simply just need to remind them about payment every Friday. When I first started taking my son to daycare, I kept forgetting to bring the check with me on Friday mornings, when it was due. My daycare lady knew to remind me so I wouldn't forget! They probably figured that since you haven't said anything, it wasn't a big deal.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just tell them that you look forward to pay day just like they do in a consistant manner just like they do. So I would like to be paid on Friday's. Thank you.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Speak up. If you don't rely on the money to live, advise them that you will no longer provide services unless they pay what they owe and that they will have to pay timely from this point forward. They are not keeping up their end of the bargain.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010