I will never take Terbutaline again...

Just wanted to let y'all ladies know about the dangers of taking this medication to stop labor...it is not FDA approved. Go to www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/terbutaline

There are so many possible side effects to this med and I would hate for someone to experience this.

JmeCrozier

Asked by JmeCrozier at 2:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That is what I had to take when i went pre-term. I am a Phlebotomist (I draw blood in a lab) but when I went back to work after a week of bed rest, that crap had me so jittery and shaky that I was not aloud to draw blood anymore, and I spend my last 4 weeks at work playing receptionist.

It is not FDA approved, as the poster said, but if you read the insert, at the very end of its stated uses it does say that it is used to stop pre-term labor, but I believe that it also says (it has been a while since i read the insert) that it is not intended for that use and that there could be other side effects.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I was on it for most of both of my last pregnancies... in large quantities in fact. Now you've got me all bugged out. Hmmmmm, sometimes ignorance is bliss.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I just looked on the FDA site and it clearly states NOT TO BE GIVEN TO PREGNANT WOMEN...thats all I need to see
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• tributiline isnt supposed to be used on pregnant woman, but they have been using it for a long time.. if it comes down to having pre term labor or taking tributiline shots, i will take the latter, because your baby is more likely to have problems with the first.. but if you're okey with takin your baby's life into your own hands by not having it, go right ahead
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• an im gonna have my friends mom get on and explain why they use it cuz she's the head l&d nurse at one of the hospitals here
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• terbutaline*
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my dr put me on it and almost killed my baby she was in distress with the cord around her neck the medicine is over used they put me on it again for another baby i said id only take it for the time indicated by the company who manufactured it and so i stopped taking it and my dr threatened to report me to dcf said i put my baby in danger i was thirtyseven weeks and my baby weighed almost ten pounds and had no problem with lung development like he said it would
    pegpeg

Answer by pegpeg at 4:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would understand if your baby was 27 weeks but, there are units that take care of pre term babies. After 34 weeks, I would never take this medication.
    JmeCrozier

Answer by JmeCrozier at 1:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If it is not approved by the FDA for using on preggo woman, then there is a reason.
    JmeCrozier

Answer by JmeCrozier at 1:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008