Epeziotomy- How long did it take you to heal?

I apparently was given one, tore naturally, then the doc cut more. The only time I saw my husband wince. lol.. It took 6 months to get over pain/sensitivity during sex & tampon usage. (sorry to be graphic)

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 2:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds VERY strange. It took me about 2 weeks to feel ok. Its still SENSITIVE, but I've had no problems. My husband and I had sex 4 weeks after I had my son, not the full 6. And I've used tampons since then, never caused a problem. I would bring that up with your obgyn. Maybe something didnt heal right. They say its harder to heal when you tear. I was starting to tear so she just cut me.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It took about 2 weeks. I tore naturally. Has your OB said anything about how you healed?
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 6:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thanks- they said I healed fine- the nurse said something like I had a side wall tear- I guess that was what caused the lasting soreness. My babe went straight to the NICU, so I was in la la land, I didnt even feel pain for about a week. All I cared about was my baby.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 7:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008