What do you think when you hear tranditional Christian? Along the lines of beleifs.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• After today? Mindless bigot. Pity that's the image being put forth in other sections to be such a clamoring representation for everyone else to have to try and outshine.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

As a Christian, that makes me sad. However, I have no problem seeing exactly why you would think that. That IS the image being put forth, especially here on CM. Half the time, I hesitate to mention my Christianity, for fear that people will lump me up with "them".

OP, when I hear "traditional Christian", I assume they believe in: the Trinity, that belief in Jesus as savior is the only way to heaven, hell's existence.....and I just completely lost my train of thought. I guess that's what I get for trying to watch TV at the same time. If I gain back my exact line of thinking, I'll post again.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i usually tie traditional w/ fundamental...so belief in the trinity, Hell, male God, infallible Bible, 6 24 hour day creation, repentance & confession, baptism (any age), communion, and anti-gay, anti-evolution, and anti-female leaders.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Belief in the Bible without taking things out of context and rewording to become more politically correct.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 3:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Baptist Beliefs; Jesus died on the cross for our sins and resurrected. The Virgin Mary was his mother. You asked Jesus into your heart, admit that you are a sinner and you will be saved. Baptism, you have to be saved and is an outword expression of your love for him!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Catholic... I don't know how a "traditional Christian" could be anything buy Catholic being the only Christian religion for hundreds of years was Catholic... Everything else is either a spin off of Catholic or is Gnostic in origin, which technically predates any organized Christian religion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Belief in the trinity and following to the will of god and jesus. Belief in the truths of scriptures. That's what I remember from my ays as a Baptist.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 10:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• " but it really is sad to view anybody like that"

Actually whats sad is that people portray themselves in that manner....and they give other people of the same faith a bad name. I don't paint ALL christians with the same brush. BUT that is what immediately comes to my mind when I hear the word Christian.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Duggars
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Close minded, judgemental, self loathing, bitter, angry, intolerant.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010