I bought a domain name like www.name.com but how do i get it up and running?

I bought a domain name for my home business but now how do i get the darn thing up and running?? is there any easy way or cheap way of doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• they give you the instructions on how to do that when you buy it.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 2:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Are you through GoDaddy? If so just run a search for domain set up and you should get the manual... That will walk you through step by step... It worked for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Google sites has really easy editing tools that help a newbie create web pages. You could get a free account there, design your webpage with their tools, then copy and paste it to your own domain.
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 1:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Ok, people you need HOSTING. You can't just copy and paste your domain somewhere.

You have to have a hosting package (hosting is where your website lives). If you use a free site you can have you domain name forwarded and masked. But I would need a lot more information before I can help you. I am a web programmer, I do this for a living. Let me know where you purchased your domain, if you have a website, a free website, a website your work at home business gave you, or if you purchased your own hosting, or if you even HAVE a website.
    I need details - email me I will help you - no charge!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2008