How do I get my son to go right back to sleep?

My 10 month old son usually gets up about once a night, and he used to just take a bottle and go right back to sleep, but here lately, he gets up and thinks its time to play (at 2am). I'm getting frusterated, and I know there has to be some way to train him to just go back to sleep (like he used to)

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a one year old and I have alway gave her a few minutes to soothe her self before I go check on her. If he is just fussing a little let him he will eventually soothe himself back to sleep. If he is really getting mad and you have given him a few minutes With as little noise and as little light as possible go to his room and lay him downif he needs a bottle give him a bottle. Don't talk to him don't interact with him or he may think it is play time. If needed get him laid back down and rub his back a little to comfort him.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Wear him out really good before bed. What do you do when he wakes up?
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 2:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i just let my son play. he was in his crib and didn't climb out yet, so it didn't bother me; he was playing quietly. he eventually would fall back asleep. he takes a nap during the day right? so no problem! he eventually just stopped and slept through the night.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Him waking up in the middle of the night for a bottle has become habit. A habit that needs to be broken. My son hasn't woken up in the middle of the night in 8months. He is 10 months today. I am a FIRM beliver in crying themselves to sleep.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When my so wass 10mos old, we ent to Fla, and he learned to walk...but he was up almost every hour..crying, wouldnt go back to bed...I gave him a bottle every time, but didnt know if that ws right either... It helped, but was very frustrating.. I think it was the teeth that was coming in, that was bothering him.(molars??) May-b hes hungry, give more food b-4 bed??
    Anonymous

• At 10 months he shouldn't need that bottle in the middle of the night. Quit giving him the bottle, make him go back to sleep on his own (there will be crying involved). It'll take a few nights but I'm willing to bet that once he stops waking for that bottle he'll just sleep through the night.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have a hubby that has to get up early, and a 6 year old daughter that is a bear in the morning if she doesn't get enough sleep, but I think I'm gonna have to tell them to suck it up for a few nights and let him CIO. Its gonna suck, but I think hubby and I can sleep in the living room...LOL
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my daughter used to do that when he wakes up do not pick him up right away pat his back try to soothe him if that does not work get a bottle go to a dark quiet place and he should go to sleep in no time stay patient when he learns it is not play time then you will not hav a problem
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Try placing your baby in this new product called the magic sleepsuit - it helps babies sleep better and longer. You could place the baby in the suit when you feed him, then lay in the crib. www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous