What do you thing of gays and the whole marrige thing?

I have a lot of gay friends so I say I don't see a problem and see it like mixed marrige of the past!

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• And what is with the not wanting gay couples to call their marriage a marriage, but a civil union? My family isn't affiliated with any religion, so does that mean when my SO and I get married that we wont have a "marriage"...but we are a man and woman right? Does us calling it a marriage "interfere with yours before god"? That's like how equal we made things for African Americans when they were given their own drinking fountains..."we'll let you have water, but not with us...go to school, but not with us". I would say gays have effectively "infiltrated"...you work with gay people, attend church with them, probably have family members or *gasp* friends that are gay...Seriously, what is the problem with them getting married?!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i'm a believer that a marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Anonymous

• I have no issues with it. I think they should be allowed the same rights as everyone else.
    MommyRuby2008

Answer by MommyRuby2008 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am all for it. I think it is wonderful that so many people are beginning to realize that marriage between two people, regardless of gender, is a wonderful thing.

Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 3:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Marriage is ment to be between a man and a woman.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• In the words of Peter Griffen (of Family Guy)

"If Gays want to get married and be miserable like the rest of us, I say we should let them."
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• ^^ lol, Peter is so funny.

I think everyone should have the exact same rights, no matter of their race or social status or sexual orientation. Unfortunately, I don't think a world like that will ever exist.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Personally, I support gay rights. I do care if gay marriage becomes legal, I'll be the one voting YES for it. However, whether gay marriage is ever legalized, gay RIGHTS for such things as adoption, custody, medical reasons, inheritance...a gay couple should be entitled to the same rights that I am.

Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I AM ALL FOR GAY RIGHTS AND MARRIAGE, LOVE IS LOVE NO MATTER WHAT THE SEX IS,

Answer by older at 3:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I believe that marriage is a state recognized by the Government, and preformed by the government for those that wish to remove marriage from religion, but that marriage was made up by religion. So, if Gay people would like to get married, they have the right as the state recognizes marriage and performs them. Religions shouldn't be required to marry gay people. But religions shouldn't be allowed to legislate who they feel should be married.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2008