How can I know for sure if my dh of 20 years still loves me or is just used to being married. He is the worst communicator, always has been. I ask him and he says yes he loves me but a lot of times I don't feel it by his actions. How do you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• has something changed recently to make you think on this ?????
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Read the Five Love Languages, then go from there (pick your language and his)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• you a women you will know just like if you had a feeling he was cheating or something he probably was doing something maybe not exactly cheating but hiding something like even talking on the internet with another woman all im trying to say is you know you and you know you man you will know probably before he does
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yeah, what Daniella says. It's an awesome book. Fortunately, my hubby and I have the same love language, touch.

Congrats on the 20. That's a lot of history that would be a shame to throw away on a vague feeling. Woo your husband. Ask him to woo you back. Just 'cause you're married doesn't mean you can't court each other! Date night without kids. Even if it's just a walk. And communicate, whether it be talking, writing, emailing, leaving notes, something.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• To answer the above post, the only thing that has changed has been that I am working more hours now. I've been a 100% devoted wife all this years always making him #1 but now with two part-time jobs and taking care of the home inside and out and of course taking care of our dd I am finding he is no longer #1. I'm working because he wanted me to help him but if it was my choice I wouldn't work. Yet, he doesn't say anything or complains. I can't figure him out. Thanks for your post.
    momplus01

Answer by momplus01 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• well i assume since he's still around and not out cheating that he still loves you. maybe its time to do something different, spice things up again.

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The proof is in the pudding so to speak. My dh is quite and sometimes rude but in the wee morning hrs when he goes to the store or something he will fill my tank. Or when I am tired he'll take the kids out for a little while. He does little things.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, Yes....Read The Five Love Languages Book. It will be very helpful!
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 12:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Is there a reason you think he doesnt love you? Guys are funny creatures...they make a point not to show how they really feel.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010