how can I stop my 18 month old granddaughter from bitting people? Spankings, time outs, nor bitting her back works.

krav

Asked by krav at 10:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i know it may sound mean ubt have you tried holding her head when she bites something she isn't supposed to? just long enough for her to realize she isn't in control of the overall experience.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• does she have an earache?? cause my daughter bites when she does
    irishmama0607

Answer by irishmama0607 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Whoa, whoa. You said "nor biting her back".

You've tried that crap?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• None of that worked for me either but one day, out of shear pain and suprise I held my daughters head down on the couch, her face was up so she could breathe but the not being able to move stopped it.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I used the time out method and it worked the first time. I got very mad and very sternly told her that was a no-no and she was in big trouble. I set her on the couch and let her cry for 1 min. then I got face to face and told her that when she bites mommy it gives me an owie and thats a no-no. She never did it again. This has worked everytime Iv used it. Not often, I dont want to loose the effect. I used it for standing on furniture, climbing on tables, hitting, and getting into the garbage. The key is for her to understand what it was that she did and why its wrong.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 3:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010