does anyone know if those infant Gas X drops work for Colic?

my daughter has colic. i hate seeing her so uncomfortable and i want my poor baby to feel relief

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What about Gripe water.. it has worked wonders for some mothers of colicky babies.. my son had colic for 6 months so I get it - make sure you rule out reflux which is most common these days - gas drops ARE ok too if its the infant mylicon drops.. what about a chiropractor?? we finally did that for our son who we found out have dislocated vertebrae from being in the womb.. :(PM me if you want to talk or vent I know how tough colic can be... unless you have gone through it - you don't deserve to give advice about what to do about it...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Dont' worry Mommy.. Like I said, NO ONE with a colcky baby can offer advice or bash unless they have been in our Shoes!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• wow...why are you being a bitch? i'm a new mom asking for help with my poor baby's discomfort and all you can do is be mean. that's wrong
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• What is wrong with gas drops? That was random. It helped my kids a LOT.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't know about the gasX. That's something I would ask the pediatrician. My daughter will only be a month old this week, and I'm new to all this, but we had a gassy spell earlier this week that was torture!! I went out and bought some gripe water and it worked wonders for her! I've heard mylicon drops work well, too.
    mandipandy07

Answer by mandipandy07 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• They do make Infant Gas X drops...they're just like Mylicon except it's the Gas X brand. I had never seen the Gas X brand before until we went on vacation last month, and my baby was soooo gassy. I went to the local grocery store, and they had the Gas X infant drops instead of Mylicon. They work just as well as the Mylicon, IMO, for gas at least.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I can't help on this one b/c I'm in the same boat so I wish you luck!!! I do have a question that pertains to this.

How can you tell the difference between a gassy baby and a colicky one?
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I used the gas-x drops for my daughter who had colic. They work to a point but are not 100% effective. You need to try different things like find a formula that works best, motion seems to help some (I had a baby swing) etc.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Are you serious? Dont give that shit to you daughter!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010