On to goodie bags :P

My son's turning 6- I don't have a lot of money. Is it ok to do goody bags in brown lunch sacks and write the kids' names on them along with "award" if they build the tallest/ nicest/ smallest/ biggest lego creation?

Haven;t bought a thing for the bags. thought about making lego shaped cookies.

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 10:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I tend not to do goodie bags. The one year I did the boys had a pirate party and it was one of the games was a treasure hunt. I wouldn't see anything wrong with what you are planning.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• lol...too cute, Im leaving this to the expert mommies here..I have teens so I dont remember anymore...:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i think its ok.. maybe decorate them some how??
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I USE TO DO GOODIE BAGS BUT THEN I RELIZED HOW MUCH MONEY GETS WASTED, SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH JUNK DO YOU THROW AWAY FROM THEM?.
    WHEN MY SON TURNED 6 I DID DO THEM CAUSE MY HUBBY CALLED ME CHEAP. WHAT I DID WAS WENT TO TARGET BOUGHT PERSONAL SIZE NOTEBOOKS WITH CHARTERS ON THEM FOR $1 EACH THEN I BOUGHT PENCILS AND THOSE PLASTIC BUGS THAT WAS IT! YOU CAN GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE TO GET GOODY BAGS. OR WALMART SELLS THEM FOR $1 FOR 20. OR USE PAPER BAGS THEY GET THROWN OUT ANYWAYS :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010