Question to ex-breastfeeding moms

Did you feel lots of "lumps" in your breasts right behind the nipple during the months of breastfeeding? After you weaned did these lumps go away? It's been 4 months since I weaned, my breasts deflated, they are soft and hanging and the "lumps" are still there behind the nipples. Are these still the glands? Two weeks ago they started to cause discomfort, like stinging.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 10:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• have you tried to massage them to see if milk was still in there? I had blocked glands and it was painful and stung.. do the best you can at massaging them and see if more milk comes out and if it goes away
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No I never felt like that but would see a doctor just in case its something serious
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't remember having any lumps. And, I definitely didn't have any discomfort after weaning.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yeah I was definitely lumpy - still am. I think they are just the glands. It took me a while after weaning both my kids for my boobies to get back to semi-normal. And yeah mine deflated too... my poor boobies.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I felt and I have some lumps. It has been 2 yrs since I quit bf.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I never noticed any changes in the texture of my breasts, and I never had any discomfort in weaning. I have always had a hard time doing breast self exams though because my breasts have always felt sort of grainy or uneven when I press into them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I weaned nearly a year ago and am still producing milk. I agree with maxsmom11807, check to see if you're still producing milk. Your milk duct might be cloged or infected.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 29, 2010