Has anyone had a summer cold before??

ok since thursday i've been like this and can't get rid of it. some meds don't work only the one that takes away the fever. has anyone had this and how did u get rid of it?

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• ugh.. me and my husband and son have been passing this sucker around from may to aug... sucks... time and lots of vitamins...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• at first sign of a cold I start popping vitamin c's...I still get sick but it doesn't seem to be as bad
    hubby just takes niquil and sleeps for like 2 days

hope you feel better
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i guess all that is needed to do is sanitize everything
    cataquiroz24

Comment by cataquiroz24 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• A week ago I came down with a sore throat that rapidly moved to a fever, body ache, ear ache, congested beyond belief thing. When the congestion was beginning to back up into my tear ducts (yes, I know. Gross.) I made a doctor's appointment. Turns out I have a double ear infection and a severe sinus infection what was starting to move into brocitius. I'm getting rid of it with antibiotics, Mucinex-D and some cough syrup so I can sleep at night.

Try the Mucinex-D. My doctor swears its the best thing to clear up a head. I'm not sure if it's a state or federal thing, but in order to buy it (it is OTC) I have to ask the pharmacist for it and show my driver's liscence so the officials can track how much pseudeophredrine I'm buying. ;) It's worth the hassel though - it does do a good job at opening my sinuses.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Summer colds are the worst!! I hope you feel better soon. Try some Vitamin C.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Mucinex is awesome and a friend of mine who refuses anything other than all natural or herbal remedies swears by Zinc lozenges(sp?). But you will need ID to buy Mucinex at the drug store, pseudoephedrine is a controlled drug now because so many kids were getting high and overdosing on it. Ephedrine speeds up your system, it's like street speed pills. It basically will make the other ingredients in the medicine work quicker than usual.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I get those almost every damn year! This year I managed to escape it somehow though. There isn't much you can do, just rest, and make sure to keep everything clean, so you don't keep reinfecting yourself. It sucks I know, because the heat makes you feel so much worse. Feel better. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 2:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010