If you are a Christian,

does it bother you when people are verbally abusive in the name of Christ? or claim God while being verbally abusive?

Do you let it go?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I hate when people say they are a Christian, but seem completely incapable of saying something that isn't vile. I can think of at least two CM members that are the most negative people I've ever encountered.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:19 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is definite difference between defending my faith and being verbally abusive. As a Christian we cannot ignore when things are wrong and we must try to teach the truth. But to be abusive and reduce ourselves to bashing in the name of God is also wrong.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• People who do such things will have to answer to God for their actions. I agree with jessa1091, there is a stark contrast between defending one's faith and being verbally abusive. In fact the latter is the reason why so many are opposed to Christianity. Some of Christendom's adherents have done much to sully the name of Christ and of God by doing the very things that are reproachful. No good comes from bashing other people in God's or Christ's names.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 10:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, it really gets under my skin. (and questions like this are why I hate that people can use anonymous because some smartbutt will see this question and post another one saying something rude to upset those of us who answered yes to this question)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• There is a lot that bothers me but I just let it go because God will take care of it :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• OP I think many misunderstood the question. Weren't you saying a Christian being a jerk in the name of Christ Or am I mistaken.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes and i hate those stupid gay cathlioc jokes
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• "Yes, it really gets under my skin. (and questions like this are why I hate that people can use anonymous because some smartbutt will see this question and post another one saying something rude to upset those of us who answered yes to this question)"

In the end its all anonymous anyway. Seeing someone's screenname doesn't tell you anything about who the person is or where they are or whatever, so its still pretty safe to be a smartbutt either way lol ;)

I mean if the worse thing the smartbutt is gonna get is some nasty typing sent their way...well, lets just say thats not gonna discourage them much.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:02 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I let it go, can't let what others do upset me.

Answer by older at 8:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• what do you mean???
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010