Does any LOVE anchovies? Any good recipes with them?

I just discovered anchovies and I am "hooked" lol! Please share some recipes that include them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I dont' really have a full recipe, but they're awesome on Pizza.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 3:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Anchovies are really good. I use them in my marinara sauce. Just a few anchovy fillets is enough to flavor a whole pot of marinara sauce so be careful with the amount that you use.

Here's my recipe.....In a skillet pour about 1/3 cup of olive oil. Add 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic. Add 4 anchovy fillets finely diced. Let it sautee for a moment but don't let the garlic burn. Add mushrooms,green peppers,onions and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional). Add a splash or two of balsamic vinegar and 2-3 (depending on how many you are serving) big cans of diced tomatoes. Add oregano,basil, a little rosemary, or Italian seasoning mix. Salt and pepper to taste and you have a great sauce.
    Sharon911

Answer by Sharon911 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008