33 Weeks pregnant and went to the ER last night because I had contractions every 5 minutes need advice?

I am 33 weeks pregnant I started feeling this crampy pain last night and went in to the ER surprised for me I was having contractions every 3 to 5 minutes, but luckly they gave me some medications and after a few 10 hours they stopped! I am still worry because now I feel like am so weak and that I might get them back had this happened to anyone how was it did you went into labor???

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you need to lay down and do nothing...
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Time for you do do nothing and as PP said lay down.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Been there done that. Nothin bad goin to happen. Your just doin way to much right now. In your workin then take it day by day buy when you get home fo lay down. Ask people to get what you need.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• this happened to me. from 5 months until I had my son (which was on Wednesday) my doc put me on meds to stop contractions and I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible, and drink nothing but water.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It sounds like that you are overdoing it right now. My suggestion for the weekend would be to lay around and do nothing. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Then on Monday I would call your OB and ask to move your appointment up to next week because of what happened over the weekend. Good Luck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010