Anyone else have a crazy MIL?

I swear my MIL can't let go that her son is an adult and has a family of his own. She still acts like he's a teenager living under her roof when ever he visits her. Hubby is in the military and she keeps telling him to get out and that he needs to respect he's mother wishes. She's driving me crazy! When ever we want alone time we would ask her to watch the kids and she says no more then two hours because I want time with you. She doesn't understand that a young married couple needs more then two hours alone together. UGH! She's even worse with my BIL. Why can't some moms just let go of their grown sons?!

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I do. Literally. She's a paranoid schizophrenic.

I have tons of stories, too - from her stealing birth certificates from the hospital in order to prove her DH had a secret "love child", to having to repair her car after she ripped out the interior in an effort to find the "tracking device".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have a son myself, I get the whole he grew in my belly and will always be my baby. But I have told my husband that if I am ever as bad with my son as my mother in law is with my husband, that he is to take me out back and shoot me, because I have clearly lost my sense of self control. My mother in law is nuts. Certifiably, like DusterMommy. She has claimed that my children are hers. She tried to get a paternity test for my daughter to prove she was my husbands even though I have never cheated, nor been suspected of cheating by my husband. She once referred to me as the egg donor for her grandchildren. That was uncomfortable. But to my face, she tells me I am the greatest thing that has ever happened to her son and that she couldn't have prayed for a better daughter in law. This is the woman that threw her dog and a diet coke down the stairs at her daughter when her 19 year old daughter said she was moving out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Wow...I'm thinking that if I were you I would prefer to PAY a babysitter instead of having MIL do it for 2 hours...sorry that you are going through this. =(
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 11:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• wow
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• are you living with her???
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• because she grew him in his belly and he will be her baby no matter how old he gets
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No I'm not
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We live separately in different homes and always have
    mommy_of_two388

• Dustermmmy, my MIL went down and tried to pick up my children birth certificates and SSNs. She wanted copies for all of them but wouldnt tell me why but I still refuse to let her
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Maybe she has nothing else in her life. Try finding her friends her own age. Take her to church function where there are lots of people around. First she will love that you took her on a family outing and second good way to get her away from you for a while. It works, I promise.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010