should we get a v smile?

i was thinking about getting a v smile for my 4 yr old. he has an interest in on-line computer games (spongebob, cars, etc) Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback for me? or an alternative suggestion. i dont really like him on the internet, and would like to have him learn something in the process of playing the game.

acounard

Asked by acounard at 11:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think the VSmile is great. I got it for my Daughter when she was five and she passed it down to my Son. It's education and fun. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I do not think there are enough game cartridges for it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son had the original VSmile and loved it. He got it when he was 4. After he outgrew the games, we gave it to a friend that had a 3 year old, and her son loved it. My daughter got the VSmile baby for her 2nd Christmas, and has never used it. She uses the controller as you can play with it separately, but has no interest in playing the games on the console. I have no experience with the "second generation" VSmile since we bought ours about 5 years ago.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my son loves it he is 3
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 11:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We used to have a VSmile, and although my son loved the games (they are fun and educational), the first one stopped reading the games after about four months. We bought another one, and it did the same thing after playing it three times. We tried with VSmile #3 and the same thing happened. We finally gave up, returned the third one and sold all the games on Ebay. It sucked because my son really enjoyed the games. We ended up getting the kids Leapsters, which they have enjoyed. We've had them for a few years now and they have worked just fine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• we got my first son a vsmile for christmas when he was 3 and he is now 5 and still loves it. my 2 year old can kind of play it too. the games are educational but still fun. my 5 year old got the hand held vsmile for his 5th bday (i forget the name of the hand held one) but it uses the same game cartridges so now he can take it in the car. i think it's a great toy and don't have anything negative to say about it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you plan on having him use an electronical devise this would be the way to go. It's fun, but educational as well.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010