i cant figure this out MOMS i need ur help!!!

i have a 4yr old little boy he is potty trained during the day... But he is still wetting the bed. What can i do to break him from this habbit???

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• does he still wake up FULL of pee? are you in a pull up? do you stop water 2-3 hours before bedtime? have you tried waking him every couple hours to go potty??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It just takes time. Limit what he drinks at night. How much and when. Stop offering drinks 1 hour before bedtime and make sure he pees before bed
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Some kids have smaller bladders than others and worse bladder control. My brother wore diapers at night until he was 6!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• limits drinks 1 hour before bed. Put a potty in his room, make sure he goes 2-3 times before going to bed. It will pass, he'll hopefully get sick of peeing in bed. Maybe make him help you clean it everyday it happens.
    RubysMommy

Answer by RubysMommy at 11:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My SIL had a son that wasn't night trained until he was almost 7. They finally were told he had a magnesium deficiency and when they started giving him magnesium supplements his night time wetting magically went away! I don't know if it was true or just a coincidence though! If you do find out any tricks to help with night training let me know! I have twins that are almost 4 and they are no where near night time trained! Don't even wake up, just pee in their sleep. We don't give drinks after dinner (couple hours before bed) and have them go potty right before laying down. We don't know what else to do either.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• after dinner, my son isn't allowed anything to drink (dinner is at 6, bedtime is at 8) only time i don't enforce this rule is when he's sick...i know how my mouth gets dry when my nose is stuffy...i'd hate to deprive him of water. but even then it's only a few swallows, not too much. sometimes he wakes up dry (we still use a pull up at night) other times he's wet. have him go potty right before bed. that helps alot as well. it just takes time. we haven't officially started the night time potty training yet...but i'll be praying for patience lol. i do not do well when tired.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• His bladder may be little. I would not fuss at him. No drinks at bedtime. Milk allergy is also somewhat associated w bed wetting. Watch to see if there is a connection.

He can't help it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No big drinks after dinner, just a sip or two, make him pee before bed, wake him to go pee right before YOU go to bed as well. Try it for a month and see if that works (he may still wet early morning the first week or so). Worked for us....it's worth a try.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No drinks after dinner time. Have him go pee before bed. Wake him up early in the morning to go pee and then put him back to bed. Also a pull up to wear at night might help the issue. That is what I did with my son. I woke him up every morning at 3am to go pee and then put him back to bed. I put a pull up on him too that he didn't like. I cut off all drinks before bed time right after dinner. So that was about 3-4 hours before bed time. Took him a while to get it, but he did. A little while before his fourth birthday.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You didn't say whether or not he is still in pull-ups. I just remind my son that if he needs to get up during the night to go to the bathroom that it's ok. Just make sure he realizes that he can get up to go to the bathroom and doesn't have to ask at night. Maybe he thinks you will get on to him if he is up. Just reinforce that he can get up.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010