7 Days till hes 2!!!!

How do we get my 2 yo to listen? Theres 4 of us who take care of him on daily bases. I myself am gone 6 to 9 hrs a day about 4 days a week. My husband is bipolar and gets anger at him easily, my mother in law ????????? and my father in law is well partal parapalegic. HELP hes been this way since he turned one. At first it wasnt as bad and now its unbareable.

afarmer

Asked by afarmer at 11:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Time outs?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• do you think your son is showing signs of the bi polar at all? not sure when they would actually show signs but I see signs of my 2 year old and ADhD so I thought it a safe question to ask.. who is the one who mostly watches him while you are gone> the fact his fathter get easily frustrated may be a reason why he seems to be acting out -is this more than a normal 2 year old tranrtums or distractedness?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Consistency is key at that age! And IGNORE tantrums!!!!!!! If you show any sort of attention, positive or negative when they are throwing a tantrum it will only encourage it to happen more. Their main goal is to get attention at that age, if they realize certain actions will yield no result they will discontinue them eventually. My son just turned 2 (July 22nd) and shortly before he started throwing random tantrums (when I would take something away from him that he managed to get his hands on (he's very sly and quick) that he should not be playing with, he starts stomping and throws himself on the floor and cries). It's rediculous, I have to look away and laugh at him! Just ignore, ignore, ignore is the best thing to do with any bad behaviors. If the behavior is potentially life-threatening, than I scream and I mean scream loud NO!!!!! When they do stop, that is when you reward.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well i have t say and very SADLY say when im gone or not feeling my mother in law is the only person who watches him. We moved in with my in laws when he was about 5 or 6 monthes old and hes sorta just bonded to her. I was anger at first because hes my babie but i do have to work in order for the kids to have diapers and food in there stomachs and a place to live. So im not as mad but i have notice he has become aware of the fact that im his mother. To answer your question: its qute possible that he will have bipolar or adhd but idk when they can actually test them for both. My mother in law says its a normal 2 yo thing. I guess my husband was pretty bad to!
    afarmer

Comment by afarmer (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010