am i over reacting????

ok so im having my lil girls birthday party on sep 4 n the theme is minnie mouse n a couple of things of micky... n im dressing my lil girl as minnie n my sister in law wants to dress her son as micky so heres where im flipping out cuz i want all attention on her its her birthday not his! but i dnt know if its only me n my sister, that think my sister in law should dress her son as micky thats soo stupid! whos with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• he does not need to dress up...it's not his party!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm with you as well. Have you told her flat out no.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• dressing up is fun!! Why not let all the kids dress up as Disney Characters! Then EVERYONE gets to have a great dress-up party!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just tell her. She probably thought it sounded like an awesome idea. Just point out to her why it isn't.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• When it's his birthday he can dress as that.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I admit it's a cute idea, but, it's not his birthday party. You need to remind your sister-in-law that it's not her son't birthday party and that you "invited" him. He doesn't need to dress up for that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I do think one PP'S advice was great- Why not have everyone dress their child up? I think the kids would have tons of fun and your Daughter is still going to get all of the attention with the gifts, cake, song and etc.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If it's that much of an issue for you, tell her. Chances are, she just thought "Aww, we could have a Mickey and Minnie", without giving any thought to it being an issue.

But really - are you really concerned that people are going to see him in a Mickey costume, forget why they are there, and start ignoring your daughter?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not his party he doesn't need to dress up, that just seems rude like she is trying to steal your thunder so to speak.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would say no. You just need to tell her how you feel and explained you don't want to take attention away from her on her special day. Is it possible she might think it is a dress up party.
    BjFuller

Answer by BjFuller at 11:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010