Does anyone feel like they don't know what love is?

So i have ppd and I feel like i don't care about anyone or anything. I have come to realize that i truely don't know what love is and have not felt love, not even from my parents. Is anyone else going through this??? I feel like i don't love or even like my SO my parents are driving me crazy, i don't want them to care for my son at all and i feel the same way with my son. Has anyone else been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• ppd is very common, you need to see your doctor, often the can prescribe something to help till your hormones get back to normal. I am so sorry you are feeling this way but it can be helped. Please seek help.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 3:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I hate to be blunt, but love is not a feeling, and if you're holding out to 'feel' the 'real thing' it's never going to happen.

No, love is a choice, sometimes it's one you have to make every day. Sometimes we get infatuated, but infatuation is not love. Once we get over our giddy feelings, when we have to work at being loving, THEN we're experiencing the real thing.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 3:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i am already getting help and doing better than before just want to know if anyone else is going through this.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 by: Cheryn
    I hate to be blunt, but love is not a feeling, and if you're holding out to 'feel' the 'real thing' it's never going to happen.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• get the pills. i never felt that way. thank god. it's not really how you feel if you weren't in your condition.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• ppd is very common, you need to see your doctor, often the can prescribe something to help till your hormones get back to normal. I am so sorry you are feeling this way but it can be helped. Please seek help

couldn't have been better said in my opinion, Pat-S
    I hope that everything starts looking up for you hon!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 5:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008