mucus plug ?2 plez read tmi

can you completly loose your mucus plug in jus a few short hours cuz i think i started to loose mine around midnight last night cuz everytime i went to the bathroom and it was like every two or three hours and i would wipe there was clear gooy stuff and had to wipe like two more times after and then this morning around 11 there was a whole lot of it when i wiped that it was even hangin off the toliet paper and kinda got some on me gross i kno and then went to the bathroom at least three more times and still had a lil gooey stuff and now there is nothin when i wipe so i want to know did i loose it completley in jus those couple of hours and are you suppose to have gooey stuff everytime you wipe or no or could i still be loosing it sorry if this dnt make since first time mom to be

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is possible for you to lose the whole thing at once or bit by bit gradually. There's really no way to tell without going to the doc for an exam. Also, mucous plugs can regenerate after pieces of it have come off. When mine came out it was gradual, like every 3 times I'd go to the bathroom, I'd find a piece, and it was whitish/yellowish. Its definitely some pretty nasty looking stuff! Hope I helped ya and congrats on the new edition!
    EthansMom519

Answer by EthansMom519 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No you can lose a lot of and labor is coming but it continues to form till your about to have your baby congrats!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 12:17 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sounds like your plug :) Its a snotty jelly like substance and it can take iyt a little bit to come out or it can all come out at once like mine did. It can be clear or tinged with blood. It can keep regenerating itself and you can keep losing it so dont be alarmed if it keeps happening :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You can loose it all at once i did,but I didn't have my baby for a week or two after it came out.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 29, 2010