How long did it take for sex to become painless again after childbirth? adult content

I had my son 4 months ago, and I had an episiotomy as well as a little tearing. They also used forceps to get him out. I waited the recommended 6 weeks to resume sexual activity. It still doesn't feel good, and I miss the intimacy that my SO and I used to share. How long did it take for you to feel zero pain during sex? I'm getting impatient.

EthansMom519

Asked by EthansMom519 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• Add a good qualilty lubricant like astroglide. Because of the hormone shift, its common to be "dry" for quite some time after having a baby. And if you are dry, it hurts. There are also ovules you can buy that are like a yeast infection treatment, but they provide 5 days of moisture. I used these for a bit because even wiping when I peed was irritating to my skin because I was so dry. Good luck!
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• With my first one I tore and had to have stitches. I dont think I was able to have painless sex for 4 months! My second I didnt tear so we just waited out the recommended time and it was fine. Good luck I remember the pain so very well. It will get better!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had stiches with my first two but it never hurt. We even had sex at 3 weeks post partum.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had a really rough birth with my first. Sex was uncomfortable for probably a year. I had a much easier birth with my second, and sex was never painful after I had him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• With my first 2 it didnt hurt at all .. now with my 3rd forget it he is 7 mos old and it is still very painful.
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 12:38 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am in the same boat I am 11weeks(with my 2nd) PP and sill feel uncomfortable even though we keep trying.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I didn't have any pain. please call your doctor

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010