Why do some women feel it's okay for a married man to chat online with other women? I would understand if it's a mom or sister but anyone else I find it innapropriate. Maybe I'm just too insecure or maybe I just rather be safe than sorry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I find it inappropriate if it is a "secret". BUT, If he shares with you....Today, when I was talking to jenny.......then you really have nothing to worry about because he is including you in the relationship.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:27 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think it depends on how they talk and like Maureen said if it's kept a secret or not. If my husband was talking to his exs then I would be pissed but if they were just old friends from school I wouldnt mind.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I think you are probably insecure. If you are talking about your own husband, just casually look over his shoulder when you think he is chatting. If he immediately covers the screen or acts odd, than it may be a problem. I suppose my reason for thinking it okay is because I have chatted with other men online (a very few times), but only with old friends whom I have NO attraction to whatsoever. And I would not care if my SO sat next to me and read everything we chatted about.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't look because somethings should be private.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's soo not cool. I find it disrespectful in a way especially if the wife doesn't know any of these women.
    luvmynubabe

Answer by luvmynubabe at 1:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I feel it shouldnt be happening at all. Some women do it because they feel it will give their man a sense that he is 'free'. But you arent free when you're married. All the I's for We's. A lot of people forget that.
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 1:22 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, "we's" instead of "I's", but WE are free to have friends who are the opposite gender and to speak or chat with them. The only time I see it as being an issue is when it is hidden or secret. My hubby has always been a guy who has lots of female friends - not girl friends, but FRIENDS who happen to be FEMALE, and so just because we love each other and have married, had kids and made a life together he should drop those friends or have no unsupervised contact with them? That is ridiculous. I know my husband and I know not only how highly he values his friendships and friends, but also how highly he values our relationship and me. And it is my security in the value we both place on our marriage that allows me to feel comfortable with his friendships with people of eithe gender.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:42 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• *either gender.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with it, unless secrets are being kept from the wife. I talk to guys online all the time. Frankly, I don't have a lot of female friends, because they are all catty, and always looking for something to hold over your head. 

And trust me, just because a man isn't talking to someone online, doesn't mean you are safe from him cheating. Just means he's going to find a better way to do it, and get away with it. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 3:08 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Because some women are control freaks.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:26 AM on Aug. 29, 2010