My son sometimes wakes up crying in the middle of the night he just turned three could he behaving nightmares already?

Sara_ana

Asked by Sara_ana at 12:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine does the same...one night he was screaming and i could make out part of what he was saying...he was arguing with someone over his trains...LOL! i guess to a 3 year old someone taking their trains is a nightmare!!!! LMAO!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Is he aware what is going on or out of it but crying? If he's out of it, its probably a night terror. He'll grow out of it at some point. :) If he's awake and still crying there might be something else going on. My son who is 4 will do that when he needs to poop (won't know until the next morning when he comes tearing of of his room to get to the bathroom) or his ears are hurting again.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:37 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes mine have been doin it since birth..i just sing to them or say a little prayer in their ear while they are trying to go back to sleep.
    some mom say they put plain water into a spray bottle an call it Rid A Way..they spray it round the room so kid can see them do an they feel better an go back to sleep...i have never personally done it,,,
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:41 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I pray for him while I hold them and allow them to go back to sleep or I just place my hand on their back or tummy.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 7:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010