How much do you pay for day care?

In your area, what do you pay for day care? Please inculde ifyou live in a rural or urban area.

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 3:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well, since we're army, it depends on our rank on how much we pay. the higher the rank, the higher the cost. back home, it wasn't like this. it was more like $100 or more, and you might get a discount for the second child. it also depends on the age.
    Anonymous

• I was paying $230 for my 2 1/2 year old every week in Castle Rock Colorado. But now she is in a home child care center and only going 1 day a week for $40 a day...so about $200/month in Castle Rock as well and now she is 3. Child care centers will run you a little more than a day care center would though. And there are really good in-home centers that are awesome!! My lady charges $150/week full time and she is the best teacher my daughter has ever had!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• maybe it's a jersey thing.. but i pay a whopping $921.00 per month- as a single mom!!!! Granted it is the best daycare in the area (lesson plans, painting, music etc.), even for babies, but it's well worth it. Although I cringe when I write the check every month... i know my other options would have made me nervous all day long while i was at work... at least I'm comfortable and know they really have by daughter's best interests at heart!
    loretta0709

Answer by loretta0709 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina I guess it's more Urban than Rural. I was paying $500 a month for a 2 year old.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 4:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• sorry.. i live in an area that can't really be described as either... i guess.. well, we live in a city (but we're all shore town here) and the daycare is in a nicer, but not well known shore town.
    loretta0709

Answer by loretta0709 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I live/work in the boonies. A private sitter keeps my son and charges me 15/day 75/week and I don't pay when he's not there. When I worked in town and he went to the day care I paid 80/week and I paid whether he was there or not. I live in Northwest Louisiana
    AirForceMommy2J

Answer by AirForceMommy2J at 4:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My daughters daycare is 190/wk and shes only there for about 4 hrs per day, 4 days per week. AH! I live in a semi-rural area in VA.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• In North Metro Denver I pay $155/week. I thought this was a lot, but well worth the quality of the home care my son receives. But reading how much others are paying makes me feel fortunate that I pay what I do!
    KristyMc

Answer by KristyMc at 5:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I live in NYC and am going back to work next week...we have decided to use my mom 3 days a week b/c a live-out nanny is about $540 a week, and that was for 30 hours!!!
    MaddieB

Answer by MaddieB at 6:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008