Can you get a divorce if you are pregnant?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:43 AM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• In our state you can legally seperate but the divorce will not be finalized until a certain amount of time after the baby is born. Like women are hysterical and stupid when pregnant...
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:44 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I live in Ohio, and my cousin's wife went to prison for 3 years, and they were seperated. She got pregnant by another man. And he was trying to get a divorce but when she found out she was pregnant, they couldnt cause even though its not his, shes pregnant .. and for some reason they cant until she gets out of prison.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I feel like an ass, because when I read this questions I was like "YES DUH!" and apparently its by state. Haha. What state do you live in??
    sheenathefat

Answer by sheenathefat at 12:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Holy cow......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have never heard of not being allowed to divorce because of pregnancy...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Me either... So when I saw that it was by state I thought that it would be an interesting question and people from each state could kinda chime in and tell us what happens in their state..
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I thought the same as sheenathefat
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Wow I guess you learn something new everyday. I had no idea that you couldn't get divorced if you are pregnant. I think they need to change that law in the cases of spousal abuse ect.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• wow... I didn't know it was a state thing either. I guess its a left over rule law and I could see the point in some cases but not in many.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010